Tucson Tri Camp
as featured in Triathlete Magazine
Come take advantage of Tucson’s beautiful weather, legendary mountains and trails for an epic training weekend here in the desert.
SPRING 2017 CAMPS:
March 9-13: Ironman under 12 hours
March 16-20: Ironman-in-training and Ironman 12 hours +
- Challenging training sessions—swim, bike, and run—alongside Ultraman World Champion & Ironman Champion, Hillary Biscay and 3x Ironman Champion, Maik Twelsiek, a.k.a. “The German Cycling Machine,” and Alyssa Godesky, professional triathlete & TeamHPB coach.
- SAG support for long rides and pace groups to accommodate intermediate through advanced-level athletes
- Individualized stroke instruction in the pool during swim workouts
- Swag, courtesy of our sponsors
- Two group meals
- Ask the Pros Q&A roundtable discussion
This is a training-focused camp, rather than a skills-focused camp, although we will certainly have an eye on your skills and give you as much feedback as we can during training sessions.
Sample Camp Itinerary (subject to change):
Thursday afternoon/evening: Group welcome dinner and run.
Friday: Shootout loop/ Madera Canyon ride (5-6 hours) and afternoon swim workout
Saturday: Big swim workout with a “birthday set” (100x100s) option, afternoon Gates Pass/ McCain loop ride (90min-2 hours)
Sunday: Mt. Lemmon ride (4-5 hours total with 25-mile climb) with brick session and short afternoon technique-work swim.
Monday: Long morning trail run
Price: $925 per person/ $850 for TeamHPB athletes. A $250 non-refundable deposit confirms your spot in the camp, and the balance is due February 1st.
Price does not include accommodation, but we will be based out of the Starr Pass Resort, which has a variety of accommodation options.
Email to register: email@example.com
Read what campers had to say about Tucson Camp!
Mary Knott: Tri Camp: My Initiation to TeamHPB
Holly Bennett: Dispatch: This One Time, At Tri Camp
Dawn Elder: Camp